Solve a global naming issue and position the brand
developed for Sweett Group
The work Brand Glue completed has made a real difference to our global operation, and the roll-out of our single brand identity has been received fantastically well by employees, clients and shareholders. The workshops, interviews and brand positioning work delivered excellent thinking, and brought business units and people in the business together under an aligned positioning and set of brand values. More importantly for us, our clients now see us as a single brand across the world, with a positioning that sets us apart.
Theo Kjellberg, Group Communications Manager
- Cyril Sweett provide world class property and construction consultancy services and are growing rapidly, with over 40 offices worldwide.
Having grown through acquisition and key wins, the group wanted our brand consultancy to:
- Address the brand architecture and naming (operations were being run across the globe under a group of brand names, eg. Cyril Sweett, Burns Bridge Sweett, Padgham Sweett)
- Ensure the brand was used consistently across the group
- Develop a positioning that resonates with clients,
- Establish if a single unifying brand positioning and strategy could bring all business units within Cyril Sweett together
- Brand Glue designed a brand consultancy approach with the Group Marketing Director including an audit of the brand and competition, followed by brand positioning work. To complete our brand model we designed a programme to really get to heart of the brand:
- One to one interviews with the senior management team
- Workshops in London and Dubai with key team members
- Customer phone interviews
- Self-completion questionnaires
This work created a single snap-shot brand positioning that could unite the whole company. Naming recommendations were far reaching, with the Group embarking on a global brand consolidation exercise to create a single brand identity.
The parent company was re-named Sweett Group plc, with all operations conducted under the Sweett rather than Cyril Sweett brand. It created a globally consistent brand identity across the Group’s operations in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and the Middle East. More modern. And far easier to pronounce.
- Client - Sweett Group
- Skills/Tools Used - audit, research, branding workshops