Rebrand a regional Architectural practice
developed for Thrive (formerly Tetlow King)
Rebranding our business was a big step. Brand Glue’s recommendations, engaging approach and way of keeping the complicated simple have made a huge impact. They made us feel very confident about making a change. Their work has really got to the heart of what we are about, so everyone inside our business has a far better understanding of where we are heading. The new brand launch has been received brilliantly by our clients too. Great work.
Peter Morgan, Managing Director
- Tetlow King is one of the South’s leading architects and urban designers, creating schemes for some of the biggest house builders in the country.
The current management team have been in place for nearly 10 years, working hard to grow their client base and earn a reputation for being leaders in their field. With lots of change in that time, the directors felt it was time for a top to bottom review of the brand. Their brief was simple:
- Advise on whether to rebrand
- Bring clarity to our brand and marketing strategy
- Modernise the brand look
A rebrand is a big decision. With the founding partners ‘Tetlow’ and ‘King’ no longer involved with the business there was a tricky decision to make. Retain the awareness, familiarity and reputation associated? Or move on? Add into the mix a separate company with a similar name (Tetlow King Planning) who continue to offer town planning consultancy services, and the picture was even more confusing.
- A rebrand involves making some critical decisions. And with the business wanting to gain much needed clarity to improve its branding and communications we recommended a brand consultancy approach that would deliver answers:
- Group discussions with Managers and Associate Directors.
- Workshop with the Directors of the company.
- Phone interviews with clients.
With the work and analysis completed we made our recommendations:
- Rebrand the business. Clarify the difference between Tetlow King Planning and build awareness in a new brand that would live on more recent history, processes and successes built by the current team.
- A one page brand positioning summary that set the brand strategy going forward, giving clarity to everyone in the company and informing messaging and communications going forward.
After such a major decision being made and the brand positioning set, we worked on creation of a new brand:
- Presenting a spectrum of ideas for a new brand name, with Thrive being chosen with its clear links to the branding work we had created. Designing schemes, housing and communities that develop and grow successfully is a key pillar of the brand, so Thrive felt like a great brand name.
- Development of a new logo and stationery.
- Launching the new Thrive brand. Communications to clients and suppliers. A staff launch including Survival Kit and Brand Book explaining the in’s and out’s of the rebrand and all the detail about the brand positioning and strategy work completed.
Work continues now on setting Brand Guidelines and other promotional work.
- Client - Thrive (formerly Tetlow King)
- Skills/Tools Used - Brand audit, research, brand workshop, brand positioning, naming, logo design, brochure design, brand guidelines, internal brand launch