Brand consultancy for Ideal Leisure
developed for Ideal Collection
We were very reactive with our marketing and had no consistency within our brand, that was until we started working with Brand Glue. They helped us step away from the day to day of running our business and look at the areas which were going to have the biggest impact. The brand positioning models were an excellent start and have really kept us focused on what we are trying to achieve and think in a more strategic way. Our activity was reactive too, but now we have a detailed plan of activity and a clear indication on what we are spending each month, thank you Brand Glue!!
Oliver Weeks, Operations Director
- Take us to the next stage of growth: develop the brand and give us marketing ideas.
Ideal Leisure run high quality hotels, restaurants and pubs in Hampshire – known for their great individual venues, Ideal Leisure Ltd was used only as a company name with individual venues using their own brand names.
Venues were marketed with lots of activity throughout the year, but with little planning or cohesion amongst them. Consequently marketing activities were often rushed and the brand strategy created very little mutual benefit.
- First we looked at the brand using:
- Workshop sessions with the senior management team
- Visits to the venues to see what sat at the heart of how they delivered great places and service
- Audited communications and promotions, as well as new channels and competitors
We then created a brand positioning model, now used to brief staff, agencies and suppliers on the Ideal brand.
With the brand consultancy and thinking done we looked next at the marketing activities, assessing successes and looking for gaps. We focused on development of an online and social media plan alongside more traditional advertising routes.
We also recommended formation of an endorser brand the ‘Ideal Collection’ to group their stylish premium venues together and create a more obvious family of brands (allowing cross-promotion and loyalty schemes to become an effective marketing weapon). So, while the venues could maintain their ‘individuality’, the new brand architecture could be used to cross-promote across the family more easily.
- Client - Ideal Collection
- Skills/Tools Used - workshop, brand and communications audit, brand positioning, marketing plan